V i v o p o r q u e e x i s t e l a m ú s i c a, s e n c i l l a m e n t e.

So che capirete. Io vivo per la musica.

2.5.14

Start here.

A few days ago, I read through a guy's blog. He'd written about why we'd not be attending the same college and I could not read through much of it before, for some reason I still ignore, I was on the verge of tearing up.

Coincidently, that happened on a day when I'd been particularly happy, and right before I went to celebrate my 18th birthday with my father. Should I also mention I never saw myself as someone to cry often?

The feeling eventually (and literally) washed away as I took a shower and headed for dinner, but it left me with the remnants of a turmoil of feelings an realizations, the main one being:

I had forgotten to pay attention to the power of words.

Thing is, as I was taking my bath I started composing over-elaborated phrases about how I used to be "a kid who wrote" but eventually forgot a very significant part of myself among the rushes and stress of a life full of As and ECs (yes, I was that kind of kid, but I can't complain if it will be taking me to an awesome college).

So I want to go back.

Part of me just wants to regain the agility and elasticity of my mind and fingers working on the keyboard, another part wants to have a way to describe myself in detail and progressively, not just with the words that come to my mind influenced by the moment I'm asked about it. I guess getting to know so many new people different to everyone I'd known before through UChicago has helped that.

I also want to get in though with this art I've been neglecting.

I was about to start a new blog, but as I thought about not neglecting my past as a kid who wrote I realized I shouldn't neglect the biased but still real fragments of me that got into this blog years ago.


So I'll start again. I'll start here. And I hope this journey will be a good one.

Go maroons!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Jugadas.