V i v o p o r q u e e x i s t e l a m ú s i c a, s e n c i l l a m e n t e.

So che capirete. Io vivo per la musica.

29.12.10

You make a sweet heartbreak.

Fuente no original pero de donde lo saqué: http://www.facebook.com/notes/jason-mraz/23-skidoo/469181631052

"23 skidoo
Second to words, I’m a numbers guy. I like significant dates, digits, and planetary transits. I’ve been drawn to the number 1134 since I discovered while dangling upside-down with a calculator that it read, HELL. Seeing 1134 on the clock, odometer, or as the total on a receipt always makes me feel, if sadistically, like I’m in the right place at the right time. The same with 11:11. I always make a wish. Of course, whether or not it works is all just a story I made up, but it shifts my attention back to that of synchronicity and universal harmony and I’m okay with that. I try not to be too superstitious, and find these brain games are much more fun than fear.

I was born on June 23rd. My Best friend Stevie was July 23rd. We both got tattoos of the number 23 on his birthday at the Chelsea Hotel, which happens to be on 23rd Street. 23 has always been a number I play in Vegas.

Tristan Prettyman's birthday is May 23rd. We first met at pal Anya Marina’s birthday party - September 23rd. We hit it off instantly by syncing our interest in this magical prime number. Whenever she or I come upon it, whether being sat at table 23, or assigned seat 23 on a plane, we almost-always and/or involuntarily think about the other. We currently live 23 miles apart. She too has the number 23 inscribed on her body, and on November 23rd, I bought her a diamond ring.

Nova, my astrologer, was over the moon. She knew I’d just entered one of the best cycles for marriage, that being Saturn 1 (of 12 possible houses. Saturn being a 29 revolution that weighs heavily on our emotional/spiritual journey – each house lasting about 2.5 years.) I’ve checked in with Nova for nearly 9 years now and she always confirms my intuition and offers great data, which is wise to consider before ever losing your marbles completely. You’d be surprised how many cosmic forces there are pushing you this way or that. I love astrology for the way I get to experience a deeper connection to EVERYTHING.

Nova’s advice for the proposal: “Don’t do it during Mercury in retrograde!” Oh sh*t! I thought. December 23rd is smack dab in the middle of retrograde. (Retrograde being a period when the Planet Mercury’s revolution is at such an odd angle, it appears to reverse directions in the sky. It last about 2 weeks and happens every couple of months. During this event, it’s typical to have breakdowns, especially in the areas where we rely on gadgetry and/or technology.) Long story short, I had breakdowns in all areas of communication – namely, a missing fed-ex package containing one very purposeful engagement ring.

I had hoped to propose at our favorite beach during sunset on the 23rd, and the no-show ring was a setback that meant I couldn’t leave my house for 2 days. On the 22nd, I woke up and the power was out. GADS! Any delivery person needs electricity to get buzzed thru the gate. I freaked out thinking I’d missed it. I cursed myself for not having battery storage on the solar! After I’d opened the gate manually, I hung out in the driveway ALL DAY. I was too nervous to even go to the backyard afraid I’d miss the drop. I went through every emotion, cursing Fed-Ex two days before jolly Christmas. “Who do they think they are?! Don’t they know I am a valued customer? This is the last time… Blah Blah Bah Humbug!”

I had frustration, stress, chest pain, you name it. It was the result of having an expectation versus possibility. When an expectation fails, you’re rewarded with a good old-fashioned upset. But when a possibility fails, all you’re left with is more possibility. This Possibility vs. Expectation is a simple transformative tool that can keep you from bloodying your knuckles when something goes awry. I highly recommend it.

At 4pm on the 23rd, I went into a Zen state in total trust that the ring would somehow arrive on time. I kicked back and enjoyed the sunset from my home, alone. All was and is perfect. The universe was asking that I take a few more hours to "get it." I laughed as I saw how waiting on the ring is just like waiting on her, which I’m quite used to by now. (She’s not primping. She just doesn’t do short goodbyes. Reason 823 to love her.)

The ring finally arrived at dusk and just before the 23rd hour of the 23rd day of December I proposed to Tristan Ann Prettyman by the sea under a blanket of stars and a watchful bright moon. And she said yes.

I designed the ring to hold 46 stones - 23 for her. 23 for me. The section surrounding the main diamond is laid out with 11 on one side and 11 on the other. This way, it's always 11:11. The stone on top, that which symbolizes our coming together as one, makes 23. The Carat Weight? What else: 2.3.

We both see this being a long engagement, but would love to get married within the next 2.3 years. She will likely retain her beautiful name, but should she decide to hyphenate, Tristan Ann Prettyman-Mraz makes 23 letters.
(So does Mr. And Mrs. Jason Thomas Mraz.)
Happy Holidays from Me & TP.

 P.S. Mercury is no longer in retrograde. Live it up."

 Sí, seguro, me dejás con un corazoncito un tanto roto porque te vas a casar con ella... Pero parece merecerlo y nada, sé feliz que es lo que buscás.Tampoco es la primera vez ni a a ser la última, y está perfecto, es parte de la vida. Tengo 14 años para sentir mucho y mandarme cagadas :). (Además de que lamentablemente no te conozco en persona) Sos la cosita más tierna del mundo, esta nota lo prueba, amo tu estilo de vivir y... Nada, sos genial. 

Firma: Una fan.


 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Jugadas.